Thursday, June 4, 2009

In case of emergency.....

Mark goes to visit, (note, that would NOT be babysit) with Grandma every Tuesday and Thursday. He has recently discovered Legos, and the fun that can be had building and constructing with Legos. After he has spent sufficient time ensuring that the Thomas railroad at Grandma's house is running smoothly, out come the Legos.

Now when I say out come the Legos, I mean that the box of Legos gets dumped all over the floor. (The fact that Grandma tolerates this two days a week speaks volumes about how much more she loves my kids than I do.) Play commences. Things are built, things are taken apart and pieces parts remain EVERYWHERE.

On a recent visit the Legos ended up on the floor near the couch. Toward the end of Mark's visit he accidentally fell off the couch onto the pile of Legos. Now if you have ever stepped on a Lego you know the extreme pain that results from impaling your foot on a small piece of colored plastic. Well you can imagine what several pieces of colored plastic being impaled on your back feels like. Mark got up, was upset and on the verge of tears.

He turned to Courtney and said "I knew I should have brought my blanket today, in case of emergencies."

Nothing quite like a Lego emergency.

3 comments:

Megan said...

He says the funniest things!! ;)

Arianne said...

Keith and I were laughing hard at this one!

Brooke said...

how cute!!!