Monday, June 9, 2008

Who Knew????



One of the last tasks once school was over was to clean out Lauren’s backpack and sort through its many treasures. As I was pulling our math sheets, spelling tests, and reading words, I stumbled upon a bookmark. I saw the back of the bookmark before I saw the front. The back of the bookmark said “To: Lauren V. From: Josh Osmond.” I found this rather intriguing. I knew all the children in Lauren’s class so I knew he was not a classmate. Who was this Josh Osmond character and why was he giving my daughter a bookmark? First grade is a little young to have a boyfriend. I decided when you want an answer you go to the source. I questioned Lauren about the bookmark. Lauren casually said “That is from my 4th grade buddy.” During the school year Lauren had mentioned her 4th grade buddy on several occasions. Each first grader is assigned a buddy for the entire year and their buddy helps them with reading and math once a week. She never said the name of her buddy so I always assumed it was another girl, never thought it was a boy. I really never thought it was a boy with the last name of Osmond.

Out of curiosity I looked him up in the school directory, and sure enough he is Donny’s son. Who knew?????

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'd hang on to that bookmark, it might be worth something someday! :)

Smullin Family said...

How cool is that?!!!
I'll have to tell Jason. He'll think that's awesome. :o)