Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Am I Crazy or Brave?


Monday was the first day of summer vacation. I had a list of errands to run, including a long list for Walmart and a separate list for the grocery store. I ventured out with all three children, a prospect I usually find overwhelming, leaving me wishing for some sort of medication or alcohol either before or after.

After finding the majority of our items at Walmart, we were headed to the grocery store when Lauren asked “Mom can we go to Wendy’s for lunch.” Terror struck my heart as I thought of taking all three children into a fast food restaurant by myself, and attempting to eat lunch. It is easily conceivable that we could end up being permanently banned from Wendy’s. I gulped and said “yes” and began to formulate a management plan. When I pulled in the parking lot nearly every space was full, not a good sign. We entered the restaurant and I began searching for a booth. I decided that I would deposit the kids in a booth and then order, because there was no way I could manage the kids and the food tray simultaneously. As I scanned the restaurant, there were lots of tables for two, but no booths. We need lots of space in order to remain sane. I could not make a table for two work. Finally I spotted the only open booth and snagged it. I told Mark and Lauren to stay there and Katie and I went in search of a high chair. Success, high chair easily located. Only probably, high chair weighed about 30 pounds. I carried the high chair in one arm, and Katie in the other. The location of our booth required me to zig zag around several tables, and lift the high chair. Navigating baby and high chair through the lunch time rush at Wendy’s is not for the faint of heart. With Katie now successfully in her high chair and having given Lauren and Mark another instruction stay put, I proceeded to order our food. They were fast and efficient, which I appreciated, it gave my children less time to do damage while unattended.

We managed to eat our food without incident, except when Mark spilled frosty on himself and mommy. It was a nice treat for the kids and mommy did not want to kill anyone or herself at the end of the experience. Nothing occurred which would endanger our future standing with the Wendy’s corporation. When we left we threw our collateral damage in the trash can.

3 comments:

About Ours Good One Home said...

You're a hoot! :) Apparently braving Wendy's took more courage and came at a higher risk than braving the treacherous raging river leading up to Stewart Falls. Well done, I say, well don.

Jared and Shelby said...

I don't read blogs every day. So when I finally catch up on blogs, I can't help myself but read each of your entries. You are hilarious!

Smullin Family said...

Maybe a little of both...at least that's how I feel on those kind of treks.