Thursday, June 12, 2008

The look of Summer


In my family I won the genetic lottery and inherited my dad’s skin which tans easily, as opposed to my mother’s which was Ison skin, also known as mayonnaise skin, pasty white skin, and lacking any ability whatsoever to tan. In a former life I worshiped the sun and would seek to get as dark as possible during the summer months. A few years ago I began to notice that I was getting spots on my skin as a result of my sun worship, as well as wrinkly skin. My mother warned me this would happen but I did not listen, I just assumed she was saying this because she was jealous of my ability to tan, and wanted me to endure the pasty white skin that genetically she had been blessed with.

Well I have repented of my sun worship, and now rely on self tanners for that amazing look of summer skin. These are my two favorites. The application is easy, the smell is tolerable, the product can be evenly applied in order to avoid the “streaky” look, and the color is great. They work in three days, and the darker color really looks like my natural color when I have been out in the sun.

2 comments:

Ciarran said...

I don't know if you've heard but pale is the new tan...

Lora Dawn said...

As a life time member of the mayo club, I will give serious consideration to your recommendation!