Saturday, June 28, 2008

A little too early.

As of yesterday Lauren has been on summer vacation for precisely 28 days, not even a full month. In that time we have enjoyed the usual summer activities of playing outside, riding scooters, sports lessons, sleeping in, having friends over non-stop, and I am not even close to growing tired of her being at home despite the daily riffs that she and Mark get into.

Well on Friday I headed to Staples to find an office chair for my desk. Recently Rick purchased a lap top for me and I keep it at the desk in my kitchen. I have been sitting on a kitchen chair, and it just not comfortable. I need more padding and support, which is ironic because I look at my tushy and feel like the last thing I need is more padding, but support might be helpful. As I cruised the isles at Staples, heading toward the back of the store where the chairs were located, there were employees unpacking merchandise and placing it into cardboard bins, and filling up the shelves on the end of the isles. I studied the cardboard bins, I noticed that they said “Back to school ‘08” What??? Now mind you I am all for early celebration of holidays, and events, after all I am the person who puts her Christmas trees up November 1, but a back to school sale before the first of July?. Did you know in some parts of the country school has only been out a week or two? Don’t’ these retailers have any dignity?

I shook my head in disgust as I passed by the displays. I made a vow as I left the store that I would not return until August 1, which is an appropriate time to sell and purchase back to school items.

1 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Amen! That's just WAY too early!