Friday, June 6, 2008

It was time.

Six years ago when we moved into our house Rick and I purchased new patio furniture. After six years the frames were still in good condition, but the pads were in sore shape. They were dirty, faded, riped and torn.

They no longer repelled water and after a rain storm they would take 3-4 days to dry out, even in 100 degree heat. Several an unsuspecting person has sat down on a chair or the couch only to rise displaying a wet bum, leaving others to wonder if an accident had occurred.

It was time to upgrade to new cushion. Plus I never really liked the color and fabric of the old cushions, so I was excited to chose something I really liked. I thought a simple trip to Target would result in new cushions, however I did not realize all the different shapes and sizes cushions came in. Target much to my dismay did not have the correct size cushions in a pattern I liked. I checked several other places and determined that the Internet was going to be my solution. I placed my order in late May and was told that it would take 15-45 days to receive my cushions. I was really wanted my cushions before June 7, 2008 because we are having a wedding reception at our house that day. Earlier this week we were reflecting about whether or not we should get the old cushions out. I still had not receive any word on shipment of my new cushions so I said lets get the old ones out and set up the patio furniture and it will probably speed the shipment of the new cushions. From my mouth to UPS's ears. I set up the patio furniture on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning the new cushions arrived.


Here is the update chair.


Here is the updated couch.


Here is how my deck looks.

I love it! The colors were better than I anticipated and perfectly match my deck. The fabric is water resistant, so hopefully no more wet bums, and it looks really smart. I anticipate sitting on my deck watching the kids play while I sit with my lap top writing posts for my blog.

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I LOVE your new cushions! The colors look like something I would choose.

Who's wedding reception is at your house June 7th? Amber's is in Tim's backyard tomorrow also.

Many cushioned, dry wishes to you and your new cushions.

About Ours Good One Home said...

Foxy, foxy. You are a lady with great taste.