Friday, August 6, 2010

Life in overdrive.

Dog days of summer....I think NOT. August always hits our house with a vengeance, making me question the sanity of my life. This year is no exception.

As noted in a prior post, both my girls made dance company at the studio where they dance. Part of dance company is summer intensive. Now for those of you novices to the dance world, what that means is one week of intensive dance. That week was THIS week. Four hours a day of dance for Lauren, two hours a day for Katie.

The worst part of the whole experience, I had to have my kids to the studio by 9:00 a.m., which means I had to leave my house by 8:40, which means I had to be up by 7:15 a.m. in order to get myself showered, the kids fed, the kids bathed and the kids dressed.

Now this would not be such a huge issue, but the kids are home all day, you know that summer vacation thing, I can't get much work done during the day because they think I need to be at their beck and call. So I work at night after they go to bed, which results in a bed time for me between 2-3 a.m., so 7:15 a.m. is just not tolerable on any level conceivable.

Plus you factor in the differing dance schedules of both girls during summer intensive, the fact that Mark still has Karate two days a week, Lauren still has piano weekly, daily working on Lauren's 4-H projects to complete her three project deadline in a week, daily book reading for a book she has to read and complete a report on prior to the first day of school, my car registration that is due, my safety test I can't pass because I still have studded snow tires on my vehicle, my windshield rock chip that has to be repaired, the furnace filters that have to be replaced and can only be purchased from a Lennox dealer, the follow up doctor's appointment to make sure my gallbladder removal and hernia repair took, the wedding of one of my best friends from law school, the bridal shower for my visiting teacher's daughter, making the magnet bulletin board for the bridal shower gift, school supply shopping, the mandatory parents meeting for kids who are on company dance team, the kids primary assignments for opening exercises on Sunday, and not to mention about 20 other minor things like bill paying, yard work, refilling and picking up prescriptions, feeding my children, washing clothes, etc., etc., etc., you get the picture, and this was only what I HAD to do THIS week.

So if I seem a little frazzled, haggard, overwhelmed please be kind to me, because the month of August is not.....

And just to make life even more fun, Katie came home from summer dance intensive with a Fun Dip. Who in their right mind give a Fun Dip to a three year old???!!! I will tell you who, the teacher who has never had kids.

One green child later, along with Fun Dip dust from one end of my kitchen to the other, better add mop the floor to the list.....

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love the way you find humor in spite of everything that is going on in your life! Love~love~love your blog!

Lora Dawn said...

I am beaming you some deep-breathing-serenity, just in case you want some. You can add it to your amazing cache of energy, organization and good humor.

And I love you, with or without all that.