Monday, August 23, 2010

Its the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

I think I love back to school more than Christmas.....is that bad??? I have enjoyed the kids this summer, and we have done a lot of fun things, but I have to admit I am looking forward to school starting. I. Need. A. Break.

I need a break from:

My children telling me they are bored and I should do something about it.
Cleaning up endless messes, spills, and toys from one end of the house to the other
Fixing meals and snacks ALL day long
Mediating fights
Carrying on three continuous simultaneous conversations from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Answering the same question over and over and over AGAIN

Mostly I would just like to be able to start and finish a thought during day time hours, without that thought being interrupted by a blond, blue eyed child.


So before back to school could happen, school supply shopping needed to occur. We made our list and we checked in twice.

Mark found himself some glue

Hand sanitizer is a must.

A few folders for important papers.

Of course Katie had to have a folder too.

Can't forget the crayons.

The basket full of stuff, which translates into $$$$$ for mommy.


Upon arrival home, Lauren had to immediately organize her stuff and get it into her school backpack.
This year Lauren and Mark will be in school all day and Katie will be in pre-school Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9-12. Holy cow I think that is wonderful! Do you hear that sound, its the Hallelujah chorus...., I told you it was just like Christmas, only better!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for school! Echo started last Wednesday, and Evalyn started kindergarten today!! And I only cried a little. Right now I am sitting enjoying a quiet and clean house. At least until kindergarten gets out! :)

Rochelle said...

My kids start on Thursday, I can hardly stinkin' wait!!!!! YAHOOOO!!!

Smullin Family said...

I've been feeling like a kid in the back seat of a minivan, on a trip..."Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" I've been wishing for school to start for 3 weeks now. I'm ready!!!

Yes, back to school= BIG $$$. Just wait til you get kids in Middle School/Junior High/High School... even BIGGER $$$. Yikes!