Monday, August 16, 2010

4-H project #1

Yes it is that time of year....in the heat of the summer, in the middle of so much fun, and what do I make my daughter do? 4-H of course! (I can't help myself, well that and I fear the wrath of my mother....) So we happily, (kind of) bit off more that we could chew and decided to do three projects. Our deadline, August 16, 2010 6:00 p.m. I am happy to report we made our deadline with a few days to spare, thanks in large part to my unrelenting drill Sergent behavior, well that and we were having company for the weekend and I knew if we didn't finish before they came it would not get done.
Project #1 required that Lauren take an article of clothing and basically "re-purpose" the item. Although the 4-H people call it "Clothing Remdade" and require that a garment must be cut into, or taken apart in some way in the "redesign" process.
A basic tank top from Old Navy.

Lauren cut off the bottom of the tank top.

Lauren is using basting together two skirt pieces.

Now she is gathering the skirt pieces.

Lauren sewed the skirt to the bottom of the tank top, and added a flower for decoration

I had to "redesign" one for Katie too, because after all its just too cute!
(FYI, the girls LOVE to dance in these dresses, because the skirt twirls really well!)

4 comments:

Arianne said...

oh my goodness I am dying over how cute these turned out! ADORABLE!! I'm thinking I might have to make these for my girls!

Lori said...

Darling! Such a good mom~Hertha would be proud...I'm sure she is!!

Lora Dawn said...

Yes, yes, super cute.
That must feel very satisfying to Lauren.

*bing* (aunt's stamp of approval)

And, yes, Hertha would be proud. And she would check the seams!

Tiffany Hales said...

OMG, I am laughing at the check the seam comment, it ran through my head continually as Lauren and I worked on our projects together. The ghost of Hertha lives on.....