Friday, August 13, 2010

And the fun continues......

The fun that is the month of August continues.....(I hate this fricking***** month. The month of August has a sole purpose every year of making my life as miserable as possible.)

NOTE TO SELF: Figure out how to hibernate next August.....

On Wednesday night Lauren and I were in the sewing room, doing our daily dose of 4-H, when I heard the door open and Katie came into the house, hysterically crying. Mark followed behind saying "Sorry Katie.." in a very guilty voice. I went to investigate.....and discovered Katie was the victim of a vicious wasp. (Haven't exactly figured out yet how Mark's guilt plays into this....)

Sting one: middle of the forehead, right above the nose.

Second sting: left arm at the wrist.

It took me about 10 minutes to calm her down. Then she kept saying "I don't feel very good." She refused Benadryl, at least in the liquid form. Grandma saved the day with chewable tablets, which she agreed to take. Of course the stings had to be treated with a Dora Bandaid. I gave her a big dose of Advil, to help with the pain. She got a good nights sleep and was ready to go the next morning, although she is a little leery of flying insects these days....

And on another note.....44 cases for next Tuesday, you know just because I wasn't doing anything else....sleep, its really overrated.....



3 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh, poor Katie and poor you- you are going to need some serious R&R by the time I see you at the end of the month!

Lora Dawn said...

Ouch! Bullseye! Sorry, Katie.

Rochelle said...

Ohhh, poor thing :(