Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Worms

Although Mark did not bring home fish as a souvenir of his fishing trip with Papa, he did bring home worms. He promptly put them in my refrigerator, and told me he was keeping them as pets. Every time I opened my refrigerator I found myself face to face with a tub containing creepy, slimy, gooey worms, sitting amongst my cheese, peperoni and other fine delicacies in my refrigerator.

I could not take it any longer, I was loosing sleep worrying about how the worms might secretly be munching on my food... After 24 hours they had to go.....

See what I mean about creepy, crawly and icky.

I convinced Mark that his pet worms would have a very nice home in my flower garden, where they could multiply and replenish the earth. We dug holes and he placed each worm in each hole, one by one, and told me the name of each worm. There was Shaggy, Fred, Velma, Daphene, Scooby....