Tuesday, July 28, 2009

An open letter.

Robert:

Thank you for your email inquiring about my buying process. I would like to take a moment to tell you about my experience with Larry H. Miller Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge. I did view your website and saw your inventory, and found two vehicles that I was interested in, the first one was a silver Jeep Commander, stock #P7077, and the second one was a tan Jeep Commander, stock # P7153. I printed off the information for both vehicles and came to the dealership on Friday July 24, 2009, to see and test drive the vehicles. The salesman who met me was young, mid-twenties, and spoke with an eastern European accent. I handed him the information I had printed off on the silver Jeep Commander and said I was interested in this vehicle. He said he needed to check and see if it was available. He came back a few minutes later and told me the the vehicle had just been sold. He then pointed out a black Jeep Commander and suggested I look at that vehicle. As we approached the vehicle I handed him the information on the tan Jeep Commander and said I wanted to see this car too. He briefly glanced at the paper and told me the car we were looking at was the one on the paper. I pointed out that the paper listed the car as tan, not black. He then pretended to check the VIN # and told me it was the same car, the color had just been listed incorrectly. When I got in the vehicle and started it, I noticed the mileage was 41,000, and the tan car listed on the Internet had 25,000. I told the salesman this was not the same car and I wanted to see the tan car, as I was not interested in a vehicle with 41,000 miles on it. The salesman told me the tan car was not available. I asked him how he knew this because he had not even checked the computer. He said "Well I don't see it" and then directed me to a different Jeep Commander, which was a sport package, after I told him the trim package I wanted was a limited. At that point I walked away because I had been lied to, and it was clear the salesman was more interested in selling me the car he thought I should have, as opposed to the car I was interested in.

I also noted that as of today both of the vehicles I was originally interested in are still listed as available on your web site, which further makes me wonder if either you are engaging in false advertising, or if the salesman just was flat out not interested in selling me the vehicle I was looking for.

The next day, I went to Ken Garff Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge in West Valley and purchased a 2006 Jeep Commander, limited edition, for $2,500 less than your advertised price for the tan 2006 Jeep Commander and it had fewer miles, plus was given a very fair price on my trade in. I was not lied to by the salesman, I was not shown vehicles I was not interested in, in fact the salesman actually listened to my requests and only showed me vehicles I wanted to see.

So please remove me from your email list, I am not interested in doing business with your company.

Tiffany Vincent


Meet my new ride!
(Best part, a third row, seat, which has become so necessary in dividing and conquering my children.)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

If you get a response from them, you should definitely post that up as well!
The jeep looks great!

A*Waite said...

Very nice! I severly dislike car shopping due to soo many dishonest people.

Brooke said...

The same thing happened to me down here in St. George and I walked away and bought the car (Jeep Wrangler) I wanted off the internet and have loved it ever since. Jeepers unite! I love your new ride!

Smullin Family said...

Congrats on your new ride.
I too hate the car buying process. I've never had a wonderful experience. The rep car dealers have...they deserve!