Tuesday, April 28, 2009

She is "capped' too.


One capped child was not enough, upon seeing Mark's fine looking cape, Lauren demanded one of her own. So last Friday night for her stay up late night we proceeded to make a cape. Now before all you moms out there start feeling inadequate because you did not "whip" up a cape on Friday night with your child, I will let you in on a little secret....it was easy, and looks a lot more time consuming and difficult than it actually was!

The cape is made from brown felt. I cut it out, the only sewing involved was attaching the collar, other than sewing on the pink poka-dot trim. The flowers I found pre-made at Hobby Lobby, and simply glued them on. Alas one cape! She LOVES it.

3 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Smashing cloak there.
She looks like she needs to borrow my tiara. And I own several magic wands that could come in handy.

Brooke said...

Amazing!!! Can you make me one?!?

Arianne said...

cute, I love the flowers!