Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just like McDonalds, only sanitary.

What do you bring the girl who already has every toy conceivable thanks to an older sister and brother, and overly indulgent parents. This was the question the Easter Bunny had to ponder.

The answer came in the form of an inflatable swimming pool that rather than filled with water, was filled with plastic colored balls. Katie, who is currently ball obsessed, thought that it was quite an indulgence.


Her sister and brother also seemed to be enjoying Katie's new toy.

They like to bury themselves in the balls, after running full speed into the pool diving head first into the balls. I have to say I had some concerns about the balls staying in the pool, but both Mark and Katie have been really good about picking up balls that go astray.


For those of you wondering, the pool is filled with 600 plastic balls. I must say you need a rather large space if you see this toy in your future. At the moment it is located in my family room, but in a day or two it will be relocated to the basement, to join all the other toys, whose home is below ground. Finally, I have to confess, the ball pit is really fun. I got in it with Katie and Mark and we were giggling non stop at all the fun things we could do with the balls. Who knew?


5 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

This is one grandma who sees such fun in her future! I'm off to Walmart, was that where you told me you got everything? I plan on having such a toy when all the kids come for Janie's wedding! One more reason to be grateful I live across the street from you! I always get the greatest ideas!!!

Unknown said...

Actually, it looks like a lot of fun! I wanna play. :o)

Unknown said...

Oops, I'm on my dad's computer, so it has his name at the top. That last comment came from me...Alisha.

Arianne said...

oh my goodness, what fun!

angela said...

I too think it looks fun. I love the colorful balls and yes more sanitary than McDonalds. Next year fill it with those big jaw breakers ya see in the malls in the big round machines. they are pretty too.