Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mommy Rule #1

Rule# 1: Children will only play in the toy room if it is clean.

This is how the toy room looked on Friday night, after I spent about an hour picking up all the toys.


This is how the toy room looked by Sunday night.

Why is it Children only want to play with toys that have been picked up and put away? If the toys are scattered everywhere they have no interest in playing with them. The good news, the hour or so that I spend every 10 days or so picking up the toys, guarantees me at least two days of entertained children.

2 comments:

KarenWaite said...

My kids are the SAME WAY! I think making the room messy is what makes it fun for them! By the way, I love your organization, it looks so nice!

Smullin Family said...

Weird how that works...kinda like a baby who likes to poop in a clean diaper. :o) Hate it when that happens!