Thursday, February 5, 2009

Been playing in my house...

With my Christmas decorations all nicely packed away in storage, (except for the candy cane tree) I have been feeling the winter/January blah's. My house feels empty and cold. Its too cold and frozen to be outside, and in general I would like to curl up on the couch with a heating pad, blanket and TV remote for the next two months. So to get my "sizzle" back I decided to do some minor redecorating in my house. Arianne introduced me to this wonderful store called "Hobby Lobby" that she became well acquainted with while living in the mid west. About a year ago Hobby Lobby came to the craft capital of the world, Utah. In addition to neat craft stuff they also have an amazing selection of home decor items. I hit the Hobby Lobby up on Saturday for fun new items and amazing deals.

This is my bedroom dresser. Formally it had dried flower arrangements from the early 1990's.

This is the buffet in my dinning room. The lap was located in my family room, but got relocated after the purchase of a new lamp.

This is my fun new center piece on my dinning room table. I wanted something other than a floral arrangement.


Here is the new arrangement for my entry way table. Including a new lamp!



Finally this is the top of my entertainment center in the family room. I already had the grapes but they were lonely and needed company!
The best part about my new purchases, it was all on clearance! With the exception of the lamp, not one item was over $10. I hit the motherload, hence the reason I went a little crazy. I felt my "sizzle" return as I had lots of fun playing and rearranging my house! Now its February, which means spring is just around the corner, and with my new decor, no more winter blah's.





4 comments:

Martha said...

Yes, Hobby Lobby is great. Lots of cool stuff there...your new decor is pretty. :)

Smullin Family said...

I'm glad your "sizzle" has returned. Fun to see all of your great finds. I wanna go to Hobby Lobby.

Lora Dawn said...

ROAD TRIP! Hey it's an idea . . . the winter blahs in Idaho could use some bright sizzle

kura2025 said...

I worked at Hobby Lobby for a couple of years while we lived in Chicago. I still have scrapbooking supplies, pictures frames, and other fun stuff that I've never used but just couldn't resist.