Friday, January 16, 2009

Too cool for you...


As many of you know, Lauren is quite the fashionista. She wants to be trendy and in style. In the fall I always buy her new black leather boots that she can either wear with jeans or with skirts and dresses to church. Well that was not good enough this fall, because many a child at her school had the knock off "ugg" boots, well some actually did have the real thing, and Lauren decided that she needed her own pair. The only problem was she did not inform me of this until mid-December. Now if you have ever tried to find boots in December it is a near impossible task. You would think that boots would be readily available in December, after all the snow is just starting to fall. But NOOOOO, in December you can find the latest in new spring sandals, if you want boots, try the month of July.
So it became my mission to attempt to find the long sought after boots. I could find a sampling of the boots here and there, but not in correct size. I was able to locate a size 13, which is generally Lauren's size, however in boots apparently you need to go up a size, who knew? I brought the size 13 home and Lauren, like Cinderella's step sisters, tried as she might to make the boot fit, but it was a no go. Tears of course flowed forth freely, because it was again another blow to her attempt to stay fashionable.
I returned the boots and asked the store if another one of their stores might have a size one. Luck was smiling on me and I was informed the store located at Provo Tone Center had one size one left. I asked to have them hold it for me, and said I would immediately come and pick it up. With haste I traveled to the location of the coveted boot, and was able to successfully purchases a size one boot.
It fit Cinderella perfectly, and she lived happily ever after, or at least until the next fashion emergency.....

1 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Rylee wanted these style of boots this year too. Luckily she had told me BEFORE Christmas and there was still a large selection of boots when I shopped. I actually didn't get this EXACT style, but one similar and she was surprisingly satisfied.