Friday, January 2, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow.

We have been blessed with an abundance of snow this winter and depending on your perspective, it is either good or bad. Good if your my children who want to play in the snow, bad if your me who has to dress them and/or shovel the driveway.

After the first significant snow fall they demanded to be gussied up in their finest snow attire, which of course took no less than 15 minutes to locate all items, and properly equip said children. The entire time I am thinking "Your going to stay outside at least 1/2 hour to justify all the work to get you outfitted!" My secret plan if they didn't, LOCK THE DOORS.



Don't they make cute snow bunnies?


Good news for mommy, they stayed outside an hour and a half, completely justifying in my mind the time commitment to get them dressed. They also discovered our driveway has the perfect slope for sledding. Sled away!


1 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I totally feel that way about getting my kids all winter-outfitted up. They need to be out there a while to justify it. I'm also not opposed to the lock out. :o) It's been done in the Summer months too...to conserve air conditioning costs..of course.