Thursday, January 15, 2009

Need your opinion????


Ok, I having a debate with myself, and have reached the conclusion that I can't reach a conclusion, so I am asking my loyal blog readers to weigh in with their opinions.


I have taken down all my Christmas decorations and trees with the exception of the Candy Cane tree. The Candy Cane tree sits in my dining room, in the corner, and is my favorite of all my Christmas trees. I love the flocked tree with the red and white ornaments, add in the lights and its just whimsical and fun.


Here is the debate. I am seriously considering NOT taking down the tree. I just feel like I have not had enough of the tree and I want to enjoy it more. Now in the dead of winter with the outside all covered in snow it does not seem too out of place, but if I leave it up will it seem strange by March or July? At least when September rolls around I can claim I am getting an early start on Christmas.....


Will it arouse suspicion among my friends and neighbors if I leave the tree up? Will they think I need medication or a straight jacket? Who knows maybe I do need medication and a straight jacket....Should my sanity be questioned for even considering this thought? So I am asking you the loyal readers of my blog, to help me make this life altering decision, should the Candy Cane tree stay or go? Better yet to I need to visit the doctor for a complete exam?

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Maybe a nice compromise would be to leave it up for the winter. That way it wouldn't look too out of place. And if you leave it up all year you might not get the same enjoyment out of it next year, you know?

About Ours Good One Home said...

I say leave it up just to make the neighbors wonder. Enjoying looking at the tree could be a side benefit. I'll order the straight jacket. :)

John and Melanie Gray Hales said...

I say leave it up until the candy canes are gone !

Lora Dawn said...

I'm adding a leave-it-up vote

I'm thinkin' you will discover other things you want to hang on it to celebrate more seasons and holidays

I left one up all of 2008 - - - just smashing to get to see a cute purple tree ALL year

Smullin Family said...

I'm agreeing with Melanie. Leave it up while there's snow and then take it down to enjoy it for next year...
OR
Leave it up and add different holiday decor all year long..like hearts for Valentines, Shamrocks for St. Pattys, eggs for Easter,etc.
Bottomline do whatcha wanna do.

angela said...

Leave it up for as long as you want. I love candy canes how they swirl around, and think they are so pretty. I was going to mention someone I knew, like aunt Lora Dawn who left her tree up all year, but I see she responded. My nativity scene is still up for a while.

Arianne said...

you can always add a few hearts and turn it into a valentine tree.

Arianne said...

you can always add a few hearts and turn it into a valentine tree.