Friday, January 9, 2009

The coolest thing I got for Christmas!


My best friends from college are, and will continue to be, three girls I went to Washington Seminar with. I did not know any of them when I spent my semester in the nation's capitol seeing the workings of government up close and personal, and yes it is like sausage making, you really don't want to know how it is made, it destroys the illusion...
Living, working and spending 24/7 together forms bonds that are inseparable despite time, age, husbands and children. When ever I pick up the phone to talk to them whether its been a week, a month or a year its just like we talked yesterday. Good friends like that are invaluable, and at this time in my life I value them even more. I know they are concerned for me, they pray for me and I am not far from their minds.
To my delight this week I went to my mail box and discovered a package from Anne, one those invaluable friends. I opened the package to discover this necklace. Ah the flood of memories it brought back of going to Krispy Kreme for donuts and Diet Coke. These days I try not to consume as many donuts, lets face it time is not kind when in comes to the consumption of donuts, I can't get away with it like I used to...but Diet Coke on the other hand, that is a staple for all of us, (well except Jennifer, she gave it up...) So to have a necklace that reflects a love of my favorite beverage as well as represents the memories I have with my friends, only a friend like Anne could see this, and know I had to have it!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kate said...

Yea, Diet Coke was just my gateway drug.
I've moved on to harder stuff like See's chocolates.
The only bummer is it takes a lot more calories to get the same caffeine buzz.

Smullin Family said...

It's so awesome to have friends like that. I have a few and I cherish them. I'm so glad you have your's too.
Never got into the Diet Coke addiction, but can totally appreciate the sentiment. Love it.

Side note,totally unrelated:
Arianne mentioned possibly doing some crafting at the Ison reunion. Are you in? I don't have a plan, just rallying support. -Do you have any fun/great craft ideas? Tell me what you think.