Friday, August 1, 2008

Yes, we love you too.....

With the departure from our home of Grandma and Grandpa the kids have not only had to adjust to not seeing them daily, but mom and dad, i.e. me and Rick, decided to make some new rules for the kids. Some of which include, all toys will remain in the basement and not be found wondering throughout the house, you must sit at the dinner table until excused, and then you must clear your plate. Overall the kids were adjusting well or so I thought.....

This weekend to celebrate Rick's 50 pound weight loss he and I decided to go to San Francisco in search of hip, trendy, new clothes for him. Grandma agreed to be our chief babysitter and on Tuesday when I dropped the kids off at her house before going to work, we negotiated that weekend babysitting would take place at her house. When I returned home from work on Tuesday Mark informed me he would be moving in with Grandma when Rick and I went on our trip. I thought his sentiment was endearing, and reflected how much he loved his Grandma. He continued on for two more days talking about moving in with Grandma.

When it came time to pack on Thursday I soon discovered that both he and Lauren were quite serious about moving in with Grandma. Had it been up to them they would have been dropped off at Grandma's in a U-haul with every earthly possession they owed. I spent the day saying "No you can not take that with you." When I called Grandma to coordinate our arrival I told her how excited the kids were to be spending the weekend with at her house, including Mark's comment about moving in to Grandma' house. Grandma told me to tell Mark he could move in and stay as long as he wanted.

With clothes, pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, and backpacks securely loaded in the Jeep we began the trek to Grandma's. While in route I told the kids Grandma said they could move in and stay as long as they wanted. This was met with a resounding "Yes." Feeling a bit dejected as a parent I said "Wouldn't you miss daddy and me?" To which Lauren responded "We would see you on Tuesday and Thursday." I was a bit perplexed by this comment because those are the two days I work, so I asked "What do you mean?" She replied "You would see us when you drop Katie off before you go to work." Yeah I love you too.... NOT going to miss my children this weekend! Well except for Katie.

NOTE: We will be in San Francisco for the weekend, so for those of you who read my blog daily, I probably will not post again until Monday.

3 comments:

Ciarran said...

Katie truly is the new favorite...have fun in San Fran!

About Ours Good One Home said...

What??? How many days without new posts??? How can this be? Doesn't SF have internet?? What about your fans??

Ciarran said...

I need more blogs! Come back from San Fran! Three days is too long!