Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pleazzzzeeeee...!

If my eyes are looking a little blood shot, if my energy level is down, if I look like I could use a good nap, then you know what I have been doing, watching endless amounts of Olympic coverage. I know it seems a little contrary to my generally anti-sports attitude, but I just can't help but be sucked in by all the excitement, patriotism, and riveting Bob Costas interviews.

I do prefer the individual sports to the team sports, I just can't get into basketball, baseball, water polo, and volleyball. They games are too long, and I just don't have that kind of attention span, my kids have made me ADHD. I want to see something fast and quick. Immediate gratification I demand. I have to admit I have been watching the BMX racing, and I like it, who knew????

Of course my favorite is the women's gymnastics. Their ability to tumble, flip, balance and be graceful while facing some of the most pressure packed competition just plain entertaining to watch. Although I do admit the new judging system sucks. I am not sure it is any better or more fair than what they had before.

My only complaint is, would someone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell the Chinese, Russians, and Romanians, that blue and purple eyeshadow is sooooo 1980's! I can't take it any more!!!!!

1 comments:

About Ours Good One Home said...

Watch out, the eye shadow is a coming back.....and big hair...... just wait! Vans are back. Skinny jeans are back. The 80's are returning!