Friday, August 29, 2008

Good old fashion hospitality.

Late Wednesday night my sister Arianne arrived for a visit. She and I have been looking forward to this all summer. At least once a year, and twice if we can get away with it, we like to get together, so we can honor our mother by staying up late into the night crafting and chatting. An activity and time of day we believe she would fully embrace.

Lauren and Mark love to see Arianne and both kept asking me all day on Wednesday when she was going to arrive. They were also excited because she was bringing Kallie with her, or a least Lauren was excited about that! I told both of them it would be late, after they had gone to bed and they would see her on Thursday morning.

On Thursday morning one of the first questions Mark asked me was when Arianne was coming. I explained to him that she was already at our house, asleep in our new guest bedroom in the basement. He immediately wanted to go wake her up. I suggested that we let her sleep, knowing that despite our late hour the night before, Kallie would wake her up soon enough. Soon she woke up and there were hugs and kisses all around.

After about two hours Mark asked Arianne when she was going to leave. Arianne explained that she was going to stay for a few days. Then he asked if she would be staying for lunch. She explained that she would.

After lunch Mark approached me and asked "When is Arianne going to leave?" I explained to him she was going to visit for a few days. He said "She is causing me stress." A statement he repeated several times during the afternoon when Kallie was threatening his toys. Later in the afternoon he asked Arianne if she was going to stay for dinner....

Yeah, come to our house we have a four year old who will make you feel soooo welcome.

1 comments:

Ciarran said...

Meh, I want to come hang out with you! Stupid Nader and school!!! When might there be another sister party planned?