Monday, August 25, 2008

Once a year.

1. Have a root canal.
2. Babysit 6 kids under 5 all day.
3. Sit through a piano/dance recital not involving my child.
4. Listen to a 30 minute tantrum from Mark.
5. Go to Costco on a Saturday morning.
6. Go to Macey's grocery store on a Saturday night.
7. Fight traffic after Stadium of Fire or a BYU football game.
8. Sit through sacrament meeting twice in one day with my children.
9. Go to the OB/GYN for an annual check-up.
10. Mow the lawn.

The proceeding is a list of things I would rather do, other than what I had to do on Saturday. Now generally speaking I am a very clean person, and keep everything in my house clean and organized. Ok, lets just say it, "Tiffany is a clean/neat freak." Its true, I admit it. I probably need some sort of counseling for my disorder, because I am compulsive. That being said, I do have an area of weakness, my shower.

I HATE to clean the shower. Don't ask me why, I have no explanation, I just don't enjoy it at all. I have never liked to clean the shower. For one thing it is nearly impossible to clean the shower without ending up totally wet. It's hard, soap scum does not easily come off, and hard water spots are the pits. Now I know I could use a daily shower cleaner, and my shower clean up would be minimal, however I would have to remember to use the daily shower cleaner, and usually in the morning when I shower I am running late because I inherited my mother's dislike of getting up in the morning, and her like of nice sleep in the morning. So, daily shower cleaning has not really worked for me.

As a result I clean my shower once a year. Yes, you read that correctly I let all the soap scum, hard water spots, dirt, and mold build up for one year and then I clean the shower. I usually devote a block of time, at least one hour to this project. Saturday was the designated day for shower cleaning.


Before cleaning.

(I have to admit the picture really does not do justice to the dirt and filth in the shower, take my word, it was bad.)


After cleaning.


Upon completion I re-filled my daily shower cleaner and made a vow to myself to use it daily to discourage soap scum and hard water build up. I am now taking bets on how long that will last. FYI, I have taken two showers in the recently cleaned shower, and still have not used the daily cleaner.....

2 comments:

Arianne said...

You are a brave woman! I can never remember to use the daily spray stuff either!

John and Melanie Gray Hales said...

If you choose not to clean your shower next year and decide on a root canal instead, I recommend your cousin Jason -

http://www.superendo.com/endodontists_mesa/dr_jason_hales.html

Not only will he do a good job, he'll probably give you a family discount and sing to you while he works.