Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lemon Cream Cake

I love, no make that I CRAVE, the lemon cream cake from the Olive Garden. Last time I ate lunch there with my friends we attempted to dissect what was in the cake. I promptly went home and Googled Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake, and came up with a recipe that seems pretty close....


You start by baking a white cake, in two 8"or 9" rounds.


The crumb mixture is:


1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup powder sugar

1/4 cup cold butter

1/2 tsp. vanilla


You mix all the dry ingredients together and cut the butter in and add the vanilla until the mixture is fine crumbs


The filling:


8 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 cups powder sugar

3 tbs lemon juice


Mix the ingredients until smooth.



Fold in 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped of course!


Place 1/2 to 2/3 of the filling between the two layers of cake.


Use remaining filling to frost cake.


Add crumb mixture to sides and top of cake.


Sprinkle top with powder sugar for garnish.



4 comments:

Carol said...

It looks delicious!

Smullin Family said...

My mouth literally watered! I've never had it, but now I'm craving it. Thanks for the recipe.

Lora Dawn said...

Save me a slice!

Courtney and Hyrum said...

beautiful! remind me to come to your house next time I'm craving cake.