Friday, April 30, 2010

The big reveal.....

Its time. I have been alluding to it for weeks. The reveal of my new living room.

A before...

Another before....

An after, with my new snazzy yellow paint!

Green couch, updated with red and black. (You can see I have a blank wall above the couch, don't worry I have plans.....)

Love seat and chair, again with red and black accents. Also the feet on the furniture were originally a natural wood color, just wasn't working for me. A can of black spray paint fixed that problem.

My curtains....so proud of my curtains, its an excellent example of "re-tooling." The fabric for the curtains was originally a king size duvet cover from Ikea, that had the perfect print that I wanted. I took the duvet cover and cut it in half, and cut it in half again and had four panels to make my curtains. As an added bonus the duvet cover also came with two king size pillow cases, that quickly became two accent pillows for the furniture. Cost of the duvet cover: $39.99. No way I could find ANY fabric cheaper than that!






4 comments:

About Ours Good One Home said...

FABULOUS!!!

Jolee said...

I love it!!! You never cease to amaze!

Chikadee said...

You are very talented. I wish we were fast friends because I need some help in my home and I do not have any creative juices flowing in me. I live in provo

angela said...

I love your yellow wall. Way to go