Monday, April 5, 2010

Bucket List #15

Item #15 on my bucket list for 2010 was to paint a room in my house some color other than beige....So I thought I would start with the room that is used the least, and is basically purely decorative.....the formal dining room.

The Before....

The After...


I have always wanted to have a red dining room, and alas now I do. Just a simple coat or two, actually three coats to be precise, and my dining room has a whole new look. The chair rail was a great feature to have, because I think floor to ceiling red might have been a bit much...... (FYI, The red is actually the color of brick, and not as stunningly bright as the pictures make it out to be.)
Alright who's coming to dinner to celebrate my new room????



7 comments:

nesquik405 said...

Wow. Let's call House Beautiful. And I agree--down to the chair rail is just right.

Martha said...

Wow. Amazing what color can do...wishing for some on my own walls!

Unknown said...

Wow. Your mother would approve of that.

Unknown said...

No, Jocile said that.

Lora Dawn said...

OO-oo-oo-oo, Ah-h-h-h-h. Um-m-m-m.
Can you hear me now?
Stunning.

Smullin Family said...

Looks great! I'd love to be a dinner guest in your beautiful dining room.

Arianne said...

I agree, looks great. Hope I get to see it in person sometime soon!