Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Its them or me.

When I first moved into this house 8 years ago, deer siting were few and far between, and always at night. Over the course of the last few years deer siting have been more plentiful, and frequent, and this year the deer have been so bold as to just hang out anytime of day or night. Its not an uncommon site to see them hopping over my fence to see what might be for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a snack.....

Their meal of choice, my tulips. Now normally I don't let the kids pick the tulips because I want to enjoy their beauty as they bloom and grow throughout my yard. This year is different. I gave the kids scissors and told them any tulip was fair game. I decided it was either I enjoy the tulips, albeit for a much shorter time, inside my house, safe from the hungry mouths of deers, or I let them feast away.

I am selfish. I admit it.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I have one lone tulip that is blooming right now. The deer ate the rest of them as soon as they started to grow so they didn't even get a chance to bloom.