Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cupcakes!

As a special treat for Lauren, for helping me around the house last weekend, she got to stay up late on Saturday night and make fun cupcakes with me. I recently purchased a book called "What's new cupcake?" which has all sorts of ideas for creative cupcakes. Lauren chose to make pie cupcakes.



First you start with 24 cupcakes.



Two containers of vanilla frosting, mixed with a drop of yellow food coloring, and some coco powder to make the frosting resemble pie crust.


Next its red and blue M&M's for blueberry and cherry pies.


The cupcakes all ready for their pie crust.


The finished product!






7 comments:

Ciarran said...

Those are adorable! I'm moving in with you and helping around the house so I can make fun cupcakes and stay up late.

Smullin Family said...

Those are super cute! Hope to see more fun cupcake ideas in the future. :)

Jolee said...

Oh my gosh, what will you come up with next?!?! So cute!!!

Arianne said...

I love those, that sounds like a FUN book!

kura2025 said...

I could see where it was going until the very end but they are super cute!!

Lora Dawn said...

Clever, oh yes.

Jules said...

Oh my heck, those are really cute!