Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hummm....not exactly what I had in mind....

Last Saturday I instructed Lauren to clean her room. Basically it was a disaster area, and I was not really sure what color the carpet was, because it had been a while since I had seen it....

Much of the mess was Lauren's clothes. Usually when instructed to clean her room, Lauren takes all of her clothes and dumps them into the hamper regardless of whether or not they are dirty, because, well it is easier than sorting out clean clothes from dirty clothes and then having to put clean clothes away.

I am tired of washing clean clothes so I told Lauren I expected her to sort her clean clothes from her dirty clothes and put away her clean clothes. After working on her room for about an hour she pronounced it clean. I went in and inspected and sure enough it was clean and not all the clothes were in the hamper.

A day or two later I was in Lauren's bathroom and what did I find in the bath tub? Her clean clothes.....not exactly what I had in mind when I said put your clean clothes away.....

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I'm so glad that you can find the humor in this... I'm grumbling under my breath. Lauren is not my target, it just too closely resembles what I get from my kiddos. Grrrrrr. Just this morning... blah, blah, blah. :)

Arianne said...

I think that is too funny- she's such a teenager already!