Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Hula Queen.

Meet the hula hoop queen.
As a young child I recall that my mother bought me a hula hoop, after all it was the 70's and they were all the rage. I never could get that silly thing to work. After about two times around my waist, it inevitably fell to the ground, resulting in my opinion that hula hoop is hard and not a very fun toy.
Lauren, clearly not learning from my hula experience, wanted her own hoop. Well I figured what the heck, its a cheap toy, and as I know from my own experience if the hula thing doesn't work out, there really are a million and one other uses for that hoop, like marking your territory for those that can be in the hoop and those that must remain out.....(think little brother, sorry Jeron....)
As of yet Lauren has not had to find ulterior things to do with her hoop. She uses if for the designated purpose. The girl move her hips and hula hoops like no one's business. Her current record 32 minutes and 9 seconds of uninterrupted hula hooping. She is hoping to break that record this weekend.....
UPDATE: For those of you curious as to the success of the flower bow selling at the third grade sale, well Lauren sold out less than half way through the sale! She was quite pleased, and now sees her flowers being worn in the hair of girls all over the school. Her class made quite a haul, taking in $315 to put toward their field trip. (Geezz, in my day you were lucky if you got $30 at your bake sale!)

5 comments:

Arianne said...

That is seriously impressive, I could never get that thing to work either.

Lora Dawn said...

Perhaps she has some shirttail genes from Aunt Lora Dawn. I had fun with it when I was a kid (mine was orange, Angela's was green), but I won a hula hoop contest when I was 39!

jwilson said...

In Traverse City Michigan a lady is running a very popular "Hoopercize" class. Jazzy music workout. The hoops are padded and very comfortable. I bought one--my Michigan souvenir.Not up to half an hour yet, though.

Smullin Family said...

When I first glanced at your post title, I thought it said, "The Hulu Queen".

She does have hoop skills..quite impressive.

Thanks for the craft sale update. That too was quite impressive.

Jolee said...

Holy cow!! 32 minutes?! And the bows?! Way to go Lauren!!!