Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dinner Divas

We started a cooking group in my ward. We get together once a month and together we make 2-3 items that we can then take home and freeze to feed our families. Each month a different sister hosts the group, selects the menu, purchases the food, and everyone comes and makes their meals. The cost is then divided between those who participated.


We made quite the mess in Donna's kitchen....

There was chopping and assembly involved.

Here is my friend Sue cooking her manicotti

Here is manicotti being stuffed! You could either make a 9x12 or two 8x8 of each dish. The little bodies that live at my house don't each a whole lot yet so two 8x8 was perfect. It was a fun evening of cooking, visiting, and I came home with four meals to freeze, and a bag of super healthy pancake mix. Dinner Divas, its a good thing!





2 comments:

Arianne said...

That is a very cool idea!

Courtney and Hyrum said...

can my mom and I join this group??!!! I need to learn how to cook!