Thursday, October 15, 2009

Conference Project

Every six months when conference rolls around I always try to have a project to work on. It allows me to then focus on conference and stay awake. (Lets face it with my busy life if I sat on the couch for two hours I would be asleep in 20 minutes) This year I chose to make baby quilts. My ward has a semi-monthly humanitarian project where they make quilts for the humanitarian center. They do this at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday mornings. Not the best time of day for me, in addition to the fact I have a two year old who wants to sit on my lap the entire time I quilt, which makes quilting, well, challenging.

The Sunday before conference they put out a call for flannel and individuals willing to sew the quilt tops. I had both. A few years ago I purchased a large quantity of flannel for a project that has yet to materialize, so what better use of my flannel than baby quilts for the humanitarian center. Quite frankly I had been thinking about using my flannel for that purpose anyway, even before they asked. The squares needed to be six inches by six inches, to be made in to 9x12 rows. With a rotary cutter and mat, cutting was the easiest part.


On to sewing and being edified by the words of conference.
Alas the finished product.

Quilt top #1

Quilt top #2

Quilt top #3

Quilt top #4


I really enjoyed this project and want to make some more quilt tops, but with the current demands on my time I am afraid it will be after the first of the year before I can return to this project. Good news, January is always so depressing, that this will give me something cheerful to look forward too.


3 comments:

Carol said...

Those are so cute Tiffany and I'm sure they will go to good use to keep some baby warm when they are finished.

A*Waite said...

Those are wonderful. I love conference, but I always fall asleep. I need to start doing projets!

Arianne said...

Those are very cute, how nice of you! I'm still determined to figure out the daisy quilt, but did find some cute flannel. I may have to bring it with me at Thanksgiving and get your advice.