Sunday, March 30, 2008

Though hard to you this journey may appear....

This week our primary had a Saturday activity called "Journey through the Scriptures." The kids were to come to the activity dressed up as either a pioneer or a biblical character. I thought dressing as a pioneer would be much easier than a biblical character, plus I would not have to destroy good sheets! Now I had a number of cowboy hats that Mark could have worn, however I decided that since this is Mark we were talking about, I was a little uncertain of the condition that hat would return home in. So I elected to purchase an inexpensive hat at Partyland. I purchased the hat on Friday for the Saturday event. I really had low expectations that Mark would wear the hat and dress up for the activity. When I brought it home he was really excited for his "pioneer" hat and wore it around for several hours. For Lauren I purchased a yard of calico fabric and made a simple elastic waist skirt. I had a really cool pattern for a bonnet that turns into an apron that I got from Arianne several years ago, but I organized it too well and now I cannot find it. Linda told me that Deseret Book sold bonnets, so problem resolved. It was inexpensive and I figured that the likelihood of future pioneer events was high.

At 4:00 a.m. on Saturday morning Mark woke up sick, as in I had to totally strip his bed and give him a bath. I got him back to sleep, but by breakfast it had returned. I was not planning on taking him to the Primary party, however when he saw Lauren dressed up he insisted that he be able to go. I gave him a large dose of Pepto-Bismol and hoped for the best. He lasted 20 minutes at the activity before we had to go home. However that was enough that he did not feel cheated. He spent the rest of the day trying to "sleep it off" Around 4:00 p.m. Grandma took some Sprite up to his room which he drank and stated "Grandma I want another round" I guess you cannot take the cowboy out of the boy.

0 comments: