Monday, March 17, 2008

And if I can make it there, I'm gonna make in anywhere...

DAY #3: 5th Avenue

A trip to NYC is not complete without a trip to 5th Ave. We started out at the trendy H&M and loaded up on cool accessories. Next it was on to Brooks Brothers for sharp looking ties for Rick, who spent his spring break watching the kids, while I was in NYC. On to FAO Schwarz in search of Thomas the Tank Engine for Mark, only to discover that FAO Schwarz no longer carries Thomas the Tank Engine. Finally you can not depart neither 5th Ave or NYC without a visit to the American Girl store. I was under strict instructions from Lauren to return to Utah with American Girl merchandise in hand.


Julie and I sipping "Frozen Hot Chocolate"


After shopping on 5th Avenue we met up with our tour group for lunch at Serendipity. Serendipity is famous for its "Frozen Hot Chocolate" as well as being a haunt of Oprah's. For those of you interested Frozen Hot Chocolate is basically hot chocolate mix made with milk and then finely crushed ice added in, with whip cream on the top. It is a tasty treat and I highly recommend it.


Question: Where can you go to find street preachers, telling of doom and destruction, drunk teachers, sciencetologist's hawking stress tests, vivid smells, germs galore, and a 30 year old claiming to be a high school wrestler hawking M&M's for $1.00 to support his wrestling team? If you guess the NYC subway you would be correct.

Me on the subway. Look I even coordinate with the emergency sign!

After lunch Julie and I hopped on the subway to head downtown to Battery Park. I decided that after I bought cute Chanel sunglasses for Courtney and Linda the day before, that I needed a pair for myself. Problem solved within 3 minutes of arrival at Battery Park. Then it was back on the subway and we headed to 34th street, to do some shopping at stores other than "The Mother Ship." I located an H&M that had kids clothes. Last fall in San Francisco, I discovered that some H&M's carry kids clothes and they are adorable. I found some really cute summer outfits for Katie. I called Alicia Richmond and she came down and joined Julie and me and found cute stuff for her kids!

0 comments: