Monday, March 17, 2008

Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today....

To relieve his guilt from taking an 11 day trip to Europe in January, Rick sent me to New York City for a shopping trip with my friend Julie. We went with a tour group of like minded women and hit all the key spots, and had TONS of fun.

DAY #1: Began with a trip to see a taping of "THE VIEW." These tickets can be difficult to obtain, but one of our tour guides was Alicia Richmond, who works for ABC-4 in Utah and does a weekly segment on fashion on a locally produced show entitled "Good Things Utah." Alicia scored us the tickets, however the catch was were guests of ABC, and could not accept any audience gift they gave which had a value of more than $75. The guests on the show that day were Snoop Dog, and John Stossel from ABC 20/20. There was also a spring fashion show courtesy of Macy's. The audience received two gifts, a $100 Macy's gift card, which of course we did not get, and the new Snoop Dog CD which I did get. Not being a Snoop fan I am open to suggestions for what I should do with my CD. Any takers?

Julie and & sitting in the audience waiting for "The View" to begin.

John Stossel talking with the ladies of "The View."


After the taping of "The View" it was off to Macy's or as I like to call it, "The Mother Ship."

Me standing outside "The Mother Ship."


Julie & I inside Macy's at the NYC display.


Also in the neighborhood of Macy's is Steve & Barry's a great discount store, which opened a store in Utah last year.

That evening the group had tickets for the Broadway play Mary Poppins. Julie and & I saw Mary Poppins last year when we went to NYC with our girls so we got tickets for Wicked, which is one of the best Broadway productions I have ever seen.

2 comments:

Arianne said...

How fun, bummer you couldn't get the Macy's card though! Well ya know Keith is a Snoop fan, although I'd have to banish it to the car to only be played on his way to basketball games when I am not around.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.