Monday, March 17, 2008

Its up to you New York, New York!

DAY #4: Central Park

Neither Julie or I had ever been to Tavern on the Green, so on Sunday morning Julie treated me to Brunch at the famous Tavern on the Green. The food was great, Julie had french toast and I had a club sandwich. It was very much a "chick" restaurant, and had a 1920's style decor.


Julie and Me at Tavern on the Green



After brunch Julie and I walked through Central Park and took in the sites. We walked through about half of the park and ended up on the 5th Avenue side of the park, in a very residential area. We walked through the high rise apartments admiring the architecture and wondering how much it must cost to live in one of those apartments. Then we window shopped on Madison Avenue and gawked at all the high end fashion and wondered who would pay those kind of prices.


By 3:30p.m. it was time to go to the airport. I brought an empty duffel bag in my suitcase for taking home my stash. When we got to the airport all my tour mates were impressed. They were busy rearranging their suitcases to meet the 50 pound weight limit. They were shocked when I put my duffel bag on the scale and I came in significantly under weight. They thought for sure I would be over. Final total: Duffel= 40.5 lbs, Suitcase=45 lbs. I had room to spare, I still had 15 more pounds of stuff I could have purchased! Its amazing how much just and empty suit case weighs, that's why I pack a duffel, to save my weight for shopping finds.


*For those of you who want to know I went to Cabela's and purchased the largest duffel bag they had. It is approximately 36 inches long, and 18 inches wide and 24 inches tall. It holds a lot of shiz. The cost was around $50. I had a duffel bag that I was going to use, because it is really large, it holds a stroller and a car seat, but on my last trip the Delta airlines felt the need to tear several large holes in it. Julie purchased a Coleman camping duffel bag, which was around $30 and it was 48 inches long, 12 inches wide and 18 inches tall.


The flight was delayed leaving JFK so it was very late/early (3:00 a.m.) when I got home. Glad to be back, and I can't wait to show off my NYC fashion finds!

3 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Awesome! You gotta love those mom-get-away trips. I would have loved to see the taping of "The View", not that I watch it all the time, I'm just facinated with the "behind the scenes" of things. Some day I would love to go to New York. After a cruise, I think New York will be at the top of our trip list.
PS- I'm impressed with your purse negotiating skills. Sounds a little scary to me. I think I'd like to be on the bus watching. :o)

Carol Stewart said...

Tiffany I am so glad you took pictures of Enrichment Night. It turned out great! Tank you for sharing your time, talents, inspiration and creative genius with the rest of us. You are amazing!

Tara said...

Tiffany-
That trip sounds like heaven! Even the subway! It made be want to go back very soon!
Sign me up for next year -- it will be time to restock the purse collection. :)