Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is it?????

Do you know what this is????

Is it:
a. A dish scrubber
b. A birth control device
c.. A new craft tool
d. A device for creating a large bun like growth on your daughter's head.


If you picked "d" you are correct. This along with all the items in the picture above were what I was instructed to purchase to do both Lauren and Katie's hair for the up coming dance competition season.
I theory I am to put their hair into a pony tail on the TOP of their head, slide the hair/sponge looking device around the pony tail, with the hair coming out the center of the hair/sponge looking device, and then fan the hair out to cover the device, meanwhile bobby pinning as I go. I complete the look with a hair net. The instructions were so complicated the dance studio has a 7 minute Youtube video showing you how to correctly create a large growth on your child's head.
I am not so much concerned about doing Lauren's hair.....but Katie on the other hand....like you really think she is going to sit still and let me do this to her hair????? Pray for me.

4 comments:

Jolee B. said...

Oh. Wow. Well, at least I know you'll post awesome pics of the experience! Good luck! ;)

jwilson said...

I remember those from way back in the........well, way back.

nesquik405 said...

Sounds like "how to give a cat a pill." Good luck.

Lora Dawn said...

I just had my imagination flash a scene...Katie sitting with feet in the sink, hands duct taped to the mirror, as mommy does the hair.

Perhaps you are missing an item in your readiness stash.