Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Backpacks and Hoddies


A few years ago while at the Gap outlet in Park City, they were having a clearance sale on black backpacks. They were really good quality, and only $5. So I purchased five of them. My thinking at the time was they would be really good for 72 hour kits for each person in my family.


Well the 72 hour kit never materialized, and it was time to send Mark to school. The black backpack was perfect. I sent Mark off with his backpack, and within the first two weeks of school he lost it. (Not that I was really surprised....unless its a train, Mark is not capable of keeping track of his shiz.) But I wanted Mark to understand he needed to be responsible and keep track of his backpack, or at least find his backpack when he looses it.


For the next two weeks I sent him to school without a backpack. (I am sure the teachers loved me.) I told him every day to look for his backpack. Every day he came home, sans backpack. Finally I decided to haul out a new backpack from my stash. That was all it took, one day at school with the new backpack to be able to locate the old backpack. (Still not sure about the whereabouts of the original backpack, I could not get a straight story on that...., not that I think he was lying, I think he is just clueless.)


So three weeks ago I sent Mark to school with a hoodie. The weather was warming up and his big winter coat was not necessary. Did the hoodie come home from school???? Of course not. So for the next week I sent Mark to school without a coat and told him to go find his hoodie. Every day he came home, sans the hoodie. Finally I was out doing some Easter dress shopping for the girls and found hoodies on clearance for $11. I purchased two. I figured for $11 if he continues to loose hoodies, I will not feel bad. And lets face it, I KNEW he would continue to loose hoodies.


What came home from school on the same day I purchased new hoodies? Yep the old hoodie. I swear Mark is seeking to drive me crazy. And its a short trip.

0 comments: