Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A growth on the side of the head.

Here is my attempt to create bun like growths on the side of Katie and Lauren's head.

A little messy, I didn't get the sponge/bun maker thing covered with hair, but I was also dealing with a moving target.

Now one thing I had not planned on was the difficulty of lipstick application. The required lipstick is actually a lip stain. For those of you not familiar with a lip stain, think semi-permanent, and very long lasting. So now imagine me trying to apply RED lip stain to a moving target. Yes do the math....it was not pretty. In fact it was frightening and looked like clown lip stick. The only way to remove the lip stain is with oil. So out came the waterproof make up remover and a Q-tip, and I was able to undo most of the damage.

As you can see Lauren's bun looks much better, probably because this target does not move.


Her lipstick application, much easier....
I only have to go through this process nine more time between now and the end of June....

2 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh my gosh, I seriously can't imagine doing that hair-do on Kallie even once - NINE TIMES?! Were there tears involved, because she actually looks pretty happy. Does there happen to be some sort of dance event on the weekend we'll be there?! If not your girls might have to give me a personal recital in your basement . . . give them warning.

Jolee said...

That looks great!!! I've been waiting to see how the buns turned out. Good luck with the next 9 times!