Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Update.

Loretta came through her surgery with flying colors. The doctor believes the cancer was all localized and that with the removal of the breasts she is now cancer free. Although we have to wait for the pathology report to come back for a final confirmation, but the doctor said based upon his years of experience, (he did have grey hair...) he did not believe it had spread.

I was amazed at how Loretta bounced back. Two hours after coming out of surgery she was sitting up, alert, just like she had been reading a book on the beach all day. The next day she was released from the hospital, and once at home she was up and moving around. Although Steve and I both made sure she did not do too much, and that she rested comfortably in her comfy leather lazy boy recliner. In front of the large screen TV of course, with Gretchen (her dog) right at her side.

It was really nice to spend the time in Idaho with her, although I didn't feel like I did that much because she was doing so well. I am very appreciative of my family in Utah who stepped up to help out with the kids while I was gone so I could go help someone who means a lot to me.

1 comments:

Lori said...

That is such a sweet post! Loretta is lucky to have you. I'm thankful everything went so well.