Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The mother load from the mother ship.

Yes, I went to Mood, yes I went to Dylan's Candy Bar, yes I walked 5th Ave, yes I cruised Central Park, but the real reason I went to NYC was to visit the mother ship...Macy's.

Honestly there really is nothing like Macy's at Herald Square in NYC. Its a city unto it's self. Eight floors of shopping, including an ENTIRE floor just of shoes. Restaurants, the best selection of just about everything, including the HOTTEST new trends, and just about every celebrity who launches some type of clothing line, has their launch party at the Herald Square Macy's.

It has the super cool, way old, wooden escalators.

Lauren and Chloe were a little nervous riding them at first.

I, of course had to head to the shoe department. While I was trying on shoes Lauren and Chloe though they would do the same with the display shoes....

After they both were adorned in the display shoes, they then proceeded to walk around the shoe department like they were models on a cat walk. Verdict: Customers loved it and were laughing their head off, Macy's staff, well not so much....

This lovely lady was found in the jewelry section. Here skirt is all shopping bags. Who thinks of this stuff? (Note: I saw a much smaller version of her last weekend in the Boise Towne Square Macy'.)

Alright here is my mother load from the mother ship.

Only one pair of shoes, I showed great restraint.

Here is Lauren's mother load from the mother ship.
This is what I picked out for the kids for fall pictures!

This is what happened to Chloe and Lauren after a day at the mother ship.
The mother ship called, I answered.

1 comments:

Arianne said...

That is too funny, I wish I had been there to see them strut their stuff around Macys!