Friday, October 22, 2010

Cookie Tower of Terror.

Ok, this is mouldy old, but better late than never. In August when I made Shelby's birthday cake, I had a bunch of left over frosting. I had chocolate frosting left over from the center cake filling, and I had colored vanilla frosting left over from decorating. And I had the additional dilemma of needed a treat for a picnic the next day. What to do...what to do....

Very simple answer, homemade Oreo cookies. Delicious, fast and easy!

You take one cake mix, or in my case I used two, since I had two different kinds of frosting. You add two eggs, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.. Mix the three ingredients together until it forms into dough. Roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. After the cookies have cooled, frost one side of the cookie and attach it to another cookie, viola you have homemade Oreo cookies. (Actually they are like Oreo Cakesters, which I like better than a plain Oreo)

This is a yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting.

This is a chocolate cake mix, with colored vanilla frosting.
Yummy!

0 comments: