Monday, October 18, 2010

So this is what it is like.....

I went up to Idaho on conference weekend to spend some time with Darrin, only to get a taste of what being a parent to teenagers is like...

It was homecoming, and of course Scott, Darrin's son, was taking his super cute girlfriend. (I do have to say I think getting a boy ready for homecoming seems to be a bit easier than a girl...) First big decision black shirt or white shirt. While I generally prefer the white shirt, I was afraid it would look a little too much like he was going to church so I recommended to Scott he choose the black shirt.

After the big clothing decision and time spent making sure the hair was looking good, he was ready to go. First stop, pictures at the Boise Depot.

Look how cute they look!

Here is part of his group.

Here is the rest of his group. After pictures the parents left, and the kids headed to dinner and the dance. Darrin and I then got to go enjoy our own dinner, with text updates from Scott. And finally hormone patrol...in other words we had to stay up until 12:15 a.m. to make sure Scott made it home on time, and get the full report on the activities. Verdict: Everyone had a good time.

Prior to the dance Darrin and I drove up to Cascade. He stopped along the river and made me walk accross the rickety bridge...

I made it!

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I really like Scott's date's dress... not typical and quite modest too. :)

That teenager dating time is getting way too close for comfort for me..Rylee will be 14 in December! I guess I have dances to look forward next..I'm getting ahead of myself.

Arianne said...

That's just fun. But ya you're in for a whole lot more work with Lauren especially if you end up sewing her dresses!