Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When it rains it pours....


On the heals of my oh so wonderful encounter with my gallbladder and Cheetos,at the beginning of last week, I felt I needed more drama to end the week on. On Friday, I was out picking up birthday balloons for Katie, and Lauren called to inform me the basement was full of water.....not much I could do over the phone, so I told her I would be home shortly.

I arrived home to find a section of my basement, the craft room to be precise, flooded. Flooded as in water had come through the window well, down the counter and filed up several drawers, and spilled forth onto the floor. The carpet was squishy. The sprinklers has run the day before for the first time, so I figured that I probably had a broken sprinkler head or line. First order of business, turn off the sprinklers.

Second order of business, start mopping up water. Good news, home carpet cleaner is just the tool to accomplish that mission. I eventually determined there was so much water that I needed to pull up the carpet, and suck up the water from the pad. I suspect several days of fans to dry everything out. But on the bright side, with the fans running, pushing all the humid air through my house, its just about like living in a tropical paradise.....ok, maybe that's stretching it a bit....

3 comments:

Arianne said...

OH MY GOSH, seriously?! So sorry!

Candice said...

ugh. What a pain! Did you lose a lot of craft goodies? So sorry it's pouring on you!

Brooke said...

WOW!!! that sucks! Hope you get your craft room put back together soon!!! Sorry for all the bad luck lately!!! Hopefully that gray cloud following you will leave you alone for a while!!!!