Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day.

Mother's Day. I really have a love/hate relationship with the holiday for a whole variety of reasons, but that is another post for a different blog.....

So lets focus on what was good and wonderful about Mother's Day this year.

I received these beautiful flowers from a good friend of mine named Darrin, who sent me a wonderful note about what a great mother I am. It made my day.

Rick took the kids to get flowers for me and grandma and came home with this wonderful bouquet that smells divine! The kids were quite proud of the flowers they chose for me, and kept wanting to confirm that I liked my flowers.

Lauren made this fun and colorful hot pad for me at school. I have already put it to good use in the cooking of macaroni and cheese.

Then there were some fun gifts from the kids. Here I am shaking the gift trying to determined its contents before opening

I even tried "pinching" but to no avail. My gift "guesser" was off on Sunday.

What did I get? Some wonderful kitchen items. All for baking. The kids and I have been in a baking mood lately, so I think they are hoping to not only help me bake yummy and delicious treats, but also to be my taste testers.
I also can't forget all my friends and family who sent me such nice well wishes on Mother's Day, everything from cards, to email, to text. I found myself much more on the love side of Mother's Day this year!





1 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay let me be the first to ask?!? Darrin?!? Do tell!!! Those are some pretty flowers you got there. ;-)