Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Slice and dice.

The verdict is in. Gallstones. Yep, I am going to be sliced and diced. (Date has yet to be determined.) Its a good thing, don't want to experience that pain again, and I do believe it will cure a few other things as well. What do I mean by that? Well for several months now I have had a pain in the right side of my body extending from my lower back up to my right shoulder blade. It has been an annoying pain, and it would come and go so I just attributed it to sleeping wrong, or sitting at my computer too long. Thanks to the comment from my cousin Brooke, I now know its related to my gallbladder! So take the sucker out!

6 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Mine was more of a "poke and prod" (laproscopy). Good luck!

Arianne said...

yay for no more pain, glad you passed your test?!! Hope they can fit you in soon.

Jared and Shelby said...

I know a guy that could do the surgery quick and cheap. How clean do you prefer your surgical instruments?

Brooke said...

It totally is attached to your gb. I was in the worst pain for YEARS!!! When ever I went home to visit I would have my dad just dig and dig in my shoulder to try and take the "knot" out and nothing would help. I thought it was just stress. Right after I woke up from the surgery the first thing I noticed was the pain in my shoulder was gone!! It was WONDERFUL feeling. I hope this surgery for you is the fix for the pain you are experiencing!!! Good luck and let me know how it goes. The recovery for the surgery SUCKS but it's well worth it!!! Tell your doctor you want pictures of your gb surgery, it's pretty incredible to look at!

angela said...

good luck on the slice and dice

Margaret said...

Oh yes - we are at "THAT age". My mom had her gallbladder out when she in her early 40's. Rob is turning 40 this year and -he- has gallstones. I probably do, too, (pain in shoulder) but I'm in denial.
Good luck and speedy healing!