Thursday, April 21, 2011

This is going to gross you out.....



Last week it was spring break. In honor of our CRAZY schedule during the school year, we decided to do something for spring break that we never do. STAY HOME. It was sooooo nice. I didn't have to force my children out of bed in the morning. I didn't have to yell at my children to hurry and eat, bathe, and get dressed. I didn't have scream at them to get their shoes on and get in the car so they would not be tardy to school. I did not feel exhausted after my morning routine. And then there is the whole after school routine......

By Thursday we had enjoyed being home for several days and we were getting cabin fever. I decided a trip to the mall was in order. After doing a few errands at the mall I went to the play area and let the kids run wild. Now in this play area is a tree house with a slide and several other things the kids and jump on, swing from or hang on to.

Next to the play area is a big marble ball that rotates on water. I think it is supposed to be like a modern art sculpture, because its not part of the play area, but adjacent to the play area. Well as you can imagine with the water it is a kid magnet. It was the first thing Mark headed for. He placed his hands on the wet marble ball, until he was soaked. A few minutes later I see Katie placing her hands on the ball. I look away for a minute to check on Mark's whereabouts, and then when I turn to see Katie again, now she has her face in the pool of water at the bottom of the ball. SHE IS DRINKING THE WATER.

I yell at her to get her face out of the water, and hope she has not ingested too much.....

At 1:39 a.m. I discovered that Katie had ingested too much water. She threw up all over her bed. She continued to throw up for the next two hours. I finally got her to back to sleep around 4:00 a.m.

The next morning the diarrhea set in. Yep it was now coming out both ends. This continued on for FIVE days. Yesterday was the first day that we were vomit and diarrhea free.

Not going back to the mall anytime soon......at least that will be good for my checking account.

4 comments:

Arianne said...

OH MY GOSH- eww! I'm definitely telling Kallie that story next time she tries to drink the water at the splash park!

Smullin Family said...

Poor Katie...poor mommy.

Someone who didn't have young kids thought of that water ball placement.

angela said...

I think you should go back to the mall and ask her if she would like to drink the water.

Arianne said...

Okay, I told this story to Kallie and the first thing she wanted to know was the color of Katie's throw up- she was quite curious about that. I told her she'll have to ask Katie that question.