Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Katie wants one of these.....

This is baby Charlotte. She is my niece, Arianne's daughter, and Katie's cousin. Katie is obsessed. Katie follows her around the house. Katie gives her the pacifier. Katie gives her toys to play with. Katie talks to her and smiles at her. In short, Katie want to be her big sister. (Quite frankly I think that might be ok, with her actual big sister Kallie...)

Katie is under the firm impression that she needs a baby sister. In fact a few days before Charlotte arrived, Katie was having a conversation with me and asked me when I was getting a baby. I told her I was not getting a baby. Katie told me I NEEDED a baby. I told Katie I was too old for a baby. Katie told me I was not to old for a baby I NEEDED to get a baby. I asked Katie where I should go to get a baby. She proceeded to give me directions on where you go to get a baby. Then she drew me a map.


humm.......how am I going to get out of this one........

3 comments:

Carol said...

Just tell her that she's your baby and you don't need another one.

Smullin Family said...

Treyson used to talk about needing a brother. We tried...we got Abree. :) I was very happy when one day he came to me and said, "Mom, I have a brother!... Jesus is my brother." YES! Got out of that one. :)

Sorry this won't work in your situation. You'll just have to "adopt" babies in your ward every once in a while.

angela said...

I have no suggestions, Good luck on this one.