Friday, July 2, 2010

Minus one gallbladder....

Alright I have been a bad blogger this week, but I think I had a good excuse, you know that whole surgery thing.

Here is me all prepared to go. Now you may notice that I have a container that is commonly used for upchucking purposes. Yes, I arrived at the hospital with one killer headache, which of course caused a very nauseated stomach. The headache started the night before, and I could not eat or take any medication, which is why nausea was the after effect. I gave the anesthesiologist strict instructions to give me drugs, to one make the headache disappear, and two make sure the nauseated stomach left as well. All I have to say on this matter is he was a very good doctor. He informed me I was going to be treated like a rock star, in other words I got the Michael Jackson drug, propofol, however I had much better results.

And here is the after. They sent me home with really cool photos of my surgery, and my diseased gallbladder. The photo in the bottom right hand corner would be my gallbladder after they opened it up. All the black stuff is sludge, or rather bile that built up. And mixed in with that sludge are the stones. The verdict: one bad gallbladder.
In addition to having the gallbladder removed I also had a hernia repaired. Because, well, why not??!!!
I have taken it easy this last week, hence the lack of blogging. It is amazing how much energy it takes your body to heal. I still have a small amount of pain, but its treatable with my drug of choice, Advil. And now I am feeling so good, (although it might just be the drugs talking...) I am loading up the kids today and we are hauling ourselves to Idaho for a weekend of fun with friends and family!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy that you are feeling better. I am glad you got the pictures too, isn't it AMAZING?!? How's the shoulder pain? Have you noticed any difference?

angela said...

I'm glad you got this taken care of. Speedy recovery. Hope the Idaho trip doesn't wear you out.

Lora Dawn said...

Whoa! As an armchair physician, I heart your surgery pics! Cool!

Arianne said...

I agree with Lora Dawn, those or pretty cool pictures I love seeing stuff like that! Glad they got it out and glad you're feeling better!

Arianne said...

I agree with Lora Dawn, those or pretty cool pictures I love seeing stuff like that! Glad they got it out and glad you're feeling better!